I found 40 Porsche European Open (June 1-4) interesting, because the news spread last year Guardian last week that Porsche’s sponsorship has become questionable. It could have happened because Paul Casey and Martin Kaymer were excluded from the European Open (see DP World Tour vs. LIV Golf battle).
The absence of these players from the 40 Porsche European Open is interesting because Casey is a Porsche ambassador and Kaymer is one of them The most famous golfers in Germany.
Henry Stenson also had to withdraw from the Porsche European Open.
40 Porsche European Open and the 75th birthday of Porsche AG
The Porsche European Open – NA Porsche North course – is important for Porsche this year as it is also celebrating its 75th anniversary. In the area next to the golf course, Porsche world will also provide a festive setting 75th anniversary of the brand.
That’s for sure title held by Kalle Samooi (Finland) will try to defend their title. Nick Bachem, Marcel Siem, Max Kieffer and Yannick Paul will also participate.
Here’s what we’ll see and get
- It will be a dream car on the 17th hole for a dream shot over a water obstacle. Anyone who scores Par 3 can expect Porsche Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo in Mamba Green Metallic.
- Only the player ranked first on the leaderboard at the end of each game day earns the right to lead Porsche 911 Carrera 4S.
- Famous already Ferris wheel just past the 18th green and the largest ever public village it’s mostly a possibility enjoy real life Porsche experience.
- Tournament guests can count on it again win an official hole-in-one car. as famous Porsche Public Hole-in-One is part of Porsche World, one of the premier event venues in the Public Village. The prize is a Porsche Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo.
- Part of the Porsche experience for fans is also being able to drive a Porsche – at least virtually or in a model Games zone containing professional simulators and car track.
- Porsche owners garden with a spacious terrace and a unique view of the proceedings. Porsche owners receive one of the limited seats in one of the time slots after presenting the key at check-in at the Porsche Parking Lot.
- Porsche customers from Germany will own their clubs for approx 9-hole tournament at the neighboring Süd golf course on Saturday, June 3, as well as other exclusive moments such as private guided tour around the Elbphilharmonie in Hamburg.
- The winning teams in the Porsche Golf Cup World Finals 2020 and 2022 and beyond Porsche golf wheel Members also have the option play side by side with a top player in a Pro-Am tournament on Wednesday, May 31.
Changes and changes in fan behavior
It is very nice to hear that the organizers understood tournament players have more potential to connect with fans than golf clubs or brand in general.
Increased confidence in players on the road is consistent with the growth observed by micro and nano influencers. Nanoinfluencers have less than 10,000 followers while they have micro-influencers from 10 to 50,000 followers.
What is not clear to me at the moment is which one OTT platform will be used for broadcasting. Did you know that Warner Bros Discovery has decided close your GolfTV OTT streaming platform in 2022? It covered the PGA Tour and DP World Tour tournaments.
I’m sure avid golf fans expect it to stream your favorite golf tournaments turning on Porsche European Open. This is in the interest of every golf sponsor get a better and faster return on investment.
The future of golf tournaments such as Porsche European Open depends on his fans. Therefore, organizers must keep a close eye on these changing behaviors of people. Can we attract the right number of digital audiences??
we must extend our appeal among digitally savvy, younger audience!!
If I was the DP World Tour, PGA Tour or LIV Golf, I would do it create your own digital platforms that allow their content to be discovered through non-basic views of golf tournaments using data analytics to create stronger connections with fans.