The assistant coach is responsible for assisting the head coach in administering and organizing a successful athletic program that participates in the NCAA Division III Centennial Conference.
Assist the coach in all aspects of a successful athletic program, including but not limited to:
- preparing, planning and organizing daily training sessions, competition preparation and off-season training;
- Recruitment of potential student-athletes in accordance with the rules and procedures of the NCAA, Centennial Conference and Ursinus College;
- Providing general advice, mentoring and support to student athletes;
- Engage in regular consultations with coaching staff to maximize the safety and well-being of student athletes;
- Show concern for the general welfare of student athletes at all times;
- Engage in ethical decision-making and stand out with a sporting attitude;
- Perform all of these responsibilities in a manner that reflects an ongoing commitment to the excellence, integrity and success of the Department of Athletics and Ursinus College tennis program.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Knowledge of the rules and techniques of a specific sport
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III and Centennial Conference rules and regulations
Interested candidates should apply here. After creating a candidate account, you will be asked to submit a cover letter, CV and a letter with contact details for three references to the candidate database.
Ursinus is an employer of AA/EO. Ursinus College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classifications protected by applicable law in administering any from its educational or employment programs or activities.