New products complete the line of 10 models of milled Super Select putters
(CARLSBAD, CA) – Scotty Cameron’s Super Select line of putters has been extended with four new models – GOLO 6, GOLO 6.5, Fastback 1.5 and Del Mar – which will be available in golf stores on Friday, May 19.
Inspired by the long-term success of professionals who trusted the previous generation GOLO models, Cameron has perfected this sought-after design with the new range of Super Select GOLO 6 and GOLO 6.5 putters. The updated Fastback 1.5 and Del Mar models further enhance the Super Select line of milled putters, which features new double face milling technology and improved feel in a variety of head shapes and neck configurations to appeal to almost every golfer.
Both the new GOLO 6.5 and Fastback 1.5 models feature a new precision sculpted “I-beam” neck, previously only available on world tours.
The GOLO 6.5 and Del Mar models are also available in a left-handed version.
To quote SCOTT CAMERON“Although the GOLO has not been on our production line for several years, it is still a winner on world professional tours. The GOLO models won the LPGA Tour’s first major championship of the year – the Chevron Championship – and the Honda LPGA Thailand. JT Poston won the John Deere Classic with GOLO last year, and we had four GOLO victories at the 2022 Japan PGA Tour. So I brought back the GOLO name and shape in a new size. This is a classic mallet shape that offers plenty of forgiveness and alignment in a rounder, softer shape and low profile that is really pleasing to the eye. And with the new GOLO 6 and 6.5 models, size is my new favorite. Familiar models such as the Fastback 1.5 and Del Mar have been refined with our new double-milled surfaces for a great feel, combined with the performance, finish and graphics of the Super Select line. We now have a complete family of Super Select putters with a model to suit almost everyone who plays the game.”
SUPER SELECTED MODELS 2023: Four new Super Select models offer golfers multiple options in 33″, 34″ and 35″ lengths, each with a specific neck/shank configuration – flow, jet or mid-bend – and the right sole weight for maximum player flexibility, size and preferences.
• Super Select GOLO 6: The GOLO returns in a new size as the Super Select GOLO 6, a rounded, compact hammer precision milled from 303 stainless steel, sized between the previous GOLO 5 and 7 models. With a medium curved shaft and integrated 6061 aerospace aluminum sole, GOLO 6 features a new technology of double face milling and stainless steel sole weights.
• Super Select GOLO 6.5: The Super Select GOLO 6.5 features a small I-beam neck and is precision milled from 303 stainless steel with a solid front face and integrated 6061 aerospace aluminum sole. Includes dual face milling technology and adjustable performance load with steel sole weights steel. The left-handed Super Select GOLO 6.5 is also available.
• Super Select Del Mar: The new Super Select Del Mar is a compact heel hammer with precision milled solid 303 stainless steel neck, double milled face technology and adjustable weight stainless steel sole. It is also available in a left-handed configuration.
• Super Select Fastback 1.5: Featuring a new precision sculpted I-beam neck and new double milled butt face technology, the Super Select Fastback 1.5 is a mid-hammer with a solid, milled butt integrated with an engineered 6061 aluminum sole plate and stainless steel sole weights .
2023 SUPER CHOICE REVIEW: The complete Scotty Cameron Super Select line includes 10 models of blades and center hammer: Newport, Newport Plus, Newport 2, Newport 2 Plus, Newport 2.5 Plus, Squareback 2 and now GOLO 6, GOLO 6.5, Fastback 1.5 and Del Mar. Launched earlier in 2023, the Super Select family includes new ‘Plus’ models, improved milling methods, revamped neck styles, improved multi-material construction and engineered weight distribution.
• INNOVATIVE “PLUS” DESIGNS.: Scotty Cameron designed the Super Select Newport Plus, Newport 2 Plus and Newport 2.5 Plus models with slightly wider profiles than traditional blade dimensions to provide hammer-like forgiveness and stability in slim blade-like shapes. Plus models give gamers a familiar, blade-like view from the address and increase MOI for a confidence-inspiring setup.
• NEW TECHNOLOGY OF DOUBLE FACE MILLING: The Super Select line introduced new double face milling technology that takes sound, feel and feedback to a new level, combining the softness prized in previously released deep milled putters with the feedback, consistency and roll of Scotty’s newer center ground offerings. This new face technology gives each model in the Super Select line a tour-inspired look.
• NEW “I-BEAM” NECK DESIGN.: The Super Select GOLO 6.5 and Fastback 1.5 models feature an “I-beam” neck design that Scotty adapted from the putters he created for the pros. The finely sculpted necks give each model a more racing, industrial look, but also allow for the removal and targeted transfer of weight from the bar to the heel and toe of the putter head.
• WEIGHING PERFORMANCE: The Super Select GOLO 6, GOLO 6.5, Del Mar and Fastback 1.5 putters use performance balancing technology with customizable sole weights precision milled in the USA from 303 stainless steel. Used in conjunction with purpose-built aluminum soles on the GOLO and Fastback 1.5 models, the concept Scotty’s performance weighing system allows for optimal weight distribution and performance at all lengths.
SUPER SELECT LOADS AND ROLLERS: Each new Super Select putter comes with two customizable heel and toe weights (latest stainless steel models) and stepless steel rollers.
NEW HANDLES: Each Super Select model has a specific grip, designed to give each putter the right swing weight, balance and proper feel in the hand. The new GOLO 6, GOLO 6.5, Fastback 1.5 and Del Mar feature a textured Pistolero Plus grip to match the color scheme of the line. The Pistolero Plus has a larger profile on the top of the hand near the butt of the grip, and is also slightly heavier to complement the shape of the center hammer putter heads.
FINISH AND GRAPHICS: Super Select stainless steel putter heads are treated with Scotty’s silver mist process for a near-permanent, radiant yet glare-resistant look and texture. Aerospace-grade 6061 aluminum components have been fogged and anodized in a clear, bright aluminum finish. Scotty’s familiar three-dot motif carries over to the rear bays as unpainted raw wheels milled in stainless steel. The engravings and sight lines are painted gray except for the soles where Scotty Cameron is accented with semi-transparent cherry red paint.
AVAILABILITY: The Scotty Cameron Super Select GOLO 6, GOLO 6.5, Fastback 1.5 and Del Mar putters will be available worldwide from May 19, 2023 at Titleist Authorized Golf Retailers. MAP: $449