The East Texas Baptist University women’s tennis program is seeking a graduate assistant coach for the upcoming 2023-2024 season.
Requirements/Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree is required. The candidate must be able to be accepted into one of ETBU’s graduate programs. Previous coaching experience or collegiate playing experience is required. A valid and current US driver’s license is required.
Duties: The Graduate Assistant Coach should understand and follow the philosophy and procedures of East Texas Baptist University. The GA supports the Head Coach in coaching, teaching and recruiting duties, and in any other capacity the Head Coach deems appropriate. These tasks include, among others:
- Know and follow the rules and regulations of the American Southwest Conference, National Collegiate Athletic Association, Intercollegiate Tennis Association, and East Texas Baptist University.
- The Graduate Assistant Trainer will be actively involved in the academic and spiritual development of student-athletes and will set a positive example as a role model for all students.
- The Graduate Coach Assistant will assist in transporting teams to matches and team events and back.
- The Graduate Assistant Coach helps the Head Coach in recruiting and retaining valuable athletes.
- The Graduate Assistant Coach will support the Head Coach’s efforts to maximize the effectiveness of training sessions and matches.
- The Graduate Assistant Coach assists the Head Coach in keeping accurate records of ITA matches and assists in advertising the sport in which he or she trains.
- The Graduate’s assistant coach maintains all equipment used by the team. Racket stringing skills are strongly recommended. The Graduate Assistant will also assist the Head Trainer in ensuring that all facilities are properly maintained.
- The Graduate Assistant Coach assists student-athletes as needed to maintain academic excellence in the classroom.
- The Graduate Trainer’s Assistant helps in the organization and participates in all fundraising activities for the sport in which he is a coach.
To apply, please email your cover letter, curriculum vitae, Christ-centered athletics philosophy, and list of references to:
Drew Lambert, head men’s and women’s tennis coach, at Dlambert@etbu.edu